BILSTON

"A Town of Its Own"

Bilston appears in the written record as early as Wolverhampton does and developed as an agricultural, and then as an industrial centre.  It has always been associated with the villages of Bradley and Ladymoor.  Later it included Ettingshall. It had its own local government until 1966 when it was forced into a much enlarged Wolverhampton.

The first articles we have here are:

A History of Bilston up to 1800 by Frank Sharman

The rise and fall of local government in Bilston by Reg Aston

This web site contains, in many places, further information about Bilston. Using the search engine on the home page should prove rewarding. 


Return to
Local Areas