The Darlaston Bolt & Nut Company was founded in 1859 at Tower Works, 46 Bright Street.

Products included:

bolts
nuts
screws
studs
bolt ends
washers
tie rods
fish bolts and nuts
eye bolts and nuts
fang bolts and nuts
mattress bolts and nuts


Tower Works.


An advert from 1918.


From the 1927 catalogue for the sale of the factory.

The full title of the business was The Darlaston Bolt & Nut Company (Bagby & Harper) Limited, which was run by J. Harper and John Bagby.

J. Harper and his family lived next door at number 47 Bright Street.

The business went into liquidation in 1926 and was sold at auction by Boswell & Tomlins of 88 and 89 Darlington Street, Wolverhampton. The auction was held on March 29th and March 30th, 1927.

The 1927 sales catalogue includes a brief description of the buildings, and a list of machinery, which included machines by David Etchells & Sons, and Samuel Platt & Sons.


Part of the above plan of Tower Works.


Return to the
previous page